The Damento Jugglers are proud to present our Third Annual
Damento Juggling Festival! We’ll be gathering in the UC
Davis Recreation Hall, and have wonderful gym space, indoors
from the February climate. But, if the weather behaves,
there’s lots of grass right outdoors for us to use.
- From either I-80 or I-5, get on Highway 113. (I-80 meets 113 in Davis, I-5 meets it in Woodland. If you’re south of Sacramento, taking I-5 to Sacramento then I-80 West is faster)
- Get off 113 at the Hutchison Drive exit in Davis and go East.
- Go to the first traffic light (This is Hutchison and LaRue) and turn Left.
- Go to the first traffic light (This is Orchard Park and La Rue) and turn Right.
- You’re in the parking lot; Rec Hall is the big concrete building on the Southwest corner of the parking lot. If it’s before 10 PM on Friday, pay $4 at the yellow box, otherwise it’s free!
Mapquest also has good directions to the area. But, the parking lot is not in their database; these links show you how to get to the intersection of Orchard Park and La Rue, and the parking lot is east of the last intersection, not west.Get a map of Davis showing the intersection (parking lot is directly east of the star).
Get driving directions from your door. (enter your address in on the left)
Here are some area hotels… limited floor/couch space is available (contact the housing coordinator for more)
- Best Western Palm Court, 234 D St., 530-753-7100
- Best Western University Lodge, 123 B St, 530-756-7890
- Aggie Inn, 245 First St., 530-756-0352
- University Park Inn, 1111 Richards Blvd., 530-756-0910
- Davis Bed & Breakfast Inn, 422 A St., 530-753-9611
- Econo Lodge, 221 D St., 530-756-1040
- Motel 6, 4835 Chiles Rd., 530-753-3777
- Hallmark Inn (Ramada), 110 F St., 530-753-3600
- Howard Johnson, 4100 Chiles Rd., 530-792-0800
Open Juggling in the Rec Hall gym:
February 1, 5 PM to 1 AM
February 2, 9 AM to 1 AM
February 3, 10 AM to 4 PMFestival Shows:
Renegade Show: Friday, 8 pm – 11 pm, Silo Pub UC Davis
Public Show: Saturday, 7:00 PM, Freeborn Hall, UC Davis ($10 / $5 Students or Children)
Tickest available NOW from www.tickets.com! (Or you can save the service fee and buy them at the festival)
Bill Gilliland (Bureaucrat Wrangler and Web Monkey) (530) 297-6290
Katje Sabin (Publicity and Festival Activities) (530) 758-6459
Public Show Director: Scott Meltzer
Workshop Coordinator: Brianne Crabtree (And Jessica Tonnies)
Housing Coordinator: Kevin Schmidt
Hospitality Coordinator: Patricia Thaxter
Construction Zone Coordinator: Mike Brown
Ringbearer: Frodo Baggins